If you’d like to contact me, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am a Sr. Software Engineer at Wingspan Technology, in Philadelphia, PA. Wingspan provides technology solutions for the life sciences, pharmaceutical and energy industries. I focus on delivering large enterprise applications into complex client environments. In past work, I have worked on data-warehouse backed products, and am proficient in a wide range of tools, including Java, ExtJS, Oracle, and Postgres. I hold a BS in computer science degree from the Rochester Institute of Technology.
* Immutable Data in Postgres – Postgres Open 2014 / Chicago (9/2014) (slides)
* Mining Source Code Repositories with Solr (10/2013))
* SQL Training for QA Testers (5/2013)
February 2009 – Present
Work on almost all Wingspan products in two categories: Sharepoint and Documentum integration products, and custom verticals for regulated industries.
* On-time project delivery
* Team leadership for projects of 2-8 people
* Primary Point of Contact for Client Communication
* Occasional use of VMWare, C#, Scala, and Solr
* Database performance tuning
* Ongoing involvement in recruiting, interviewing, one-on-ones, inter-departmental training, etc
March 2006 – February 2009
Software developer on a web application that helps large law firms do market research.
* Work with business users to define functionality
* Interface with remote teams (QA, Business, Content Operations)
* Heavy use of C#, VB.NET, Oracle, SQL Server Reporting Services
* Oracle performance tuning in a data warehousing environment (reporting on 100+ million items)
Software Intern (~1.5 year)
* Developer on several legal forms products (Bankruptcy Forms, Jury Instruction Forms)
* Develop and maintain bankruptcy e-filing software
* Wrote tool to export RTF (MS Word) documents from a reporting system